Innovation Leadership for San Leandro
As Your Mayor, Benny will bring free Public Wi-Fi and fast Broadband for San Leandro residents, students, and businesses because he has the experience to get it done!
Public Wi-Fi site expansions account for a million hours usage per month
Underserved and underconnected communities benefiting from free Public Wi-Fi
He has authored blueprints for the NIST to streamline Public Wi-Fi installations for Smart Cities around the world.
Benny has built out San Mateo County’s free Public WiFi system with over a million hours used monthly by:
- People accessing County Services
- People patronizing the local businesses
- Students doing their schoolwork and learning
- Those who have limited or no Internet
Benny has built a high-speed fiber network that benefits Eight cities
- 40 Gbps – transfers Blu-ray movies in less than one minute
- Cities can share resources and expand their smart city efforts
- Cities can pool together to significantly lower costs
Innovation / Smart Cities
The FREE Public WiFi is tied to all innovation projects and smart cities concepts since it will provide the Internet broadband backbone.
- Air Sensors – air quality tools to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (climate change)
- Noise Sensors – reduce noise pollution that impacts are daily / nightly lives
- Safety Cameras – improve public safety effectiveness and efficiency
- Heavy Vehicle Sensors – keep heavy vehicle operators accountable
- Traffic Sensors – automatic traffic tools to ease congestion and improve traffic flow