As a published author and expert in technology, I have dedicated my life to Build, Manage and Expand Public Wi-Fi programs. To bridge the digital divide, create jobs, educational opportunities, and access to government services.
As a technology professional for 30 years, I have dedicated my life to the promise of technology for improving peoples lives.
• Renown Innovation Expert locally and nationally.
• Constructed high speed fiber network connecting eight municipalities.
- In the progress of constructing more.
• Expanded the County of San Mateo’s Public Wi-Fi program.
- Nearly ten million hours of usage by the public last year.
- Improved access to government services.
- Expanded educational opportunities and improved student test scores.
- Expanded commercial opportunities for local business.
- Bridging the digital divide for those with limited access.
• City of San Leandro City Councilmember since 2012
• City of San Leandro Recreation and Parks Commissioner
• Personnel Relations Board Member
• Homeowner’s Association President
• Asian Community Cultural Association President
• Volunteer with many other local organizations
• Benny and his family are 20 year residents of San Leandro.
• Former martial arts competitor and champion from the late 80’s.
My Ballot Statement
We can do better and I will do my part to bring positive changes that will make San Leandrans proud. Together, we have shaped policies that improves the quality of life for children, our aging population and hard-working families. I’ve been speaking with many of you on shared concerns and hopes for San Leandro’s path into the 21st century.
Modernizing public safety and our city services to drive efficiency are my top priorities. We will increase our financial sustainability and resilience while giving our residents the top-notched services. We will get shovels into the ground for our delayed Marina Shoreline and many other projects which will create thousands of local jobs and millions in revenue transforming commute time to family time.
My financial background and expertise in technology innovation has kept our tax dollars in check while enhancing our city staff work processes to save staffing costs optimally. We will do more innovation to drive more efficiency with new technologies.
Please join trailblazing leaders like State Treasurer John Chiang, Board of Equalization Fiona Ma, Assemblymember Kansen Chu, Fremont Mayor Lily Mei, Oakland Councilmember Abel Guillén and many residents in electing Benny Lee for San Leandro Mayor.